Working in the Coronavirus pandemic
Greetings Omsoft and DCN Users,
As global concern about the current COVID-19 outbreak grows, we’re doing our best to keep our staff and customers healthy and safe in the workplace while also minimizing the disruptions to our day-to-day operations.
We will be reducing staff in the office and moving to work at home as much as possible. In order to facilitate this move, we will often be assigning ticket numbers to customer service inquiries, and conducting phone repair consults as home based techs become available. The one person in the office for the day will be taking names and numbers for staff working at home to call back should they be presently occupied. If you can, please use our support email (email@example.com), or use the form at https://www.omsoft.com/internet-service-inquiry/ .
Beginning March 23rd, the lobby will be locked and visit by appointment only. We will setup a lock box for equipment exchange and a payment drop box. If you usually drop off your payment, please consider mailing it in during this time. Only one person will be in the office and there may be times when the in office personnel must leave to work on off-site appointments. If you must come to the office in person, please call ahead to schedule an appointment so someone can be there to assist you.
Be assured that Omsoft, as an essential business, will be fully operational and working customer issues, taking orders for new service, and monitoring and improving our network during these interesting times. We will be adopting some new customer service strategies to keep our staff and customers as safe as possible.
Take Care and Stay Well
In closing we are grateful for your business, and your continued health and prosperity. In a time like this, the most important thing is to stay calm, listen and heed the advice of scientists and medical professionals, and carry on with what we are able. Good luck to everyone who is now a home school teacher or pupil, an indoor gymnast, or biding their time while things settle out.
Omsoft COVID-19 Customer Service Operation Posture
- Normal business hours, but lobby locked and closed, appointment only. Make appointments via phone, email or contact form.
- All door handles disinfected after every entry.
- Only one staff person onsite at our business per weekday. Remaining staff work from home.
- External work on customer premise appointments only for the next 30 days.
- More use of Remote control tools of customer computers to fix issues
- External calendar will be online soon so customers can schedule appointments and see when we are “out of the office” during the day.
- External lock box for return and pickup of equipment and check payments.
- Due to staff work from home schedules, some repair situations might take longer than intended for in shop computer services, equipment exchanges, we will do our best.
- 4G Hotspots available for emergency situations where customer connectivity is out. Or supplemental bandwidth is needed for some online activity.